22 Bible verses for restoring your hope.
When you face difficult times at some point in your life, from sorrows of when you have been treated or judged unfairly or trails of when you have been pushed to your limits and not knowing whether or not you will overcome the task set before you.
Turning to the foundations of your beliefs or going to your cornerstone of strength is all ways a good place to go to, to renew your strength and face off those challenging circumstances.
Bible Verses of Hope in the Old Testament
- Psalm 119:81 – “My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word.”
- Psalm 9:18 – “For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever.”
- Psalm 130:7 – “O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.”
- Isaiah 11:9 – “They shall not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”
- Jeremiah 17:7 – “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD.”
- Daniel 12:3 – “Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.”
Bible Verses of Hope in the New Testament
- Matthew -“ 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
- Matthew 25:21 –“His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.”
- Mark 5:36 -“ Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.””
- Luke 1:37 -“ For nothing will be impossible with God.”
- John 8:24 –“unless you believe that I am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.”
- John 7:38 -“ Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
- Romans 5:5 – “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which was given to us.”
- Romans 15:13 – “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- 1 Corinthians 2:5 – “That your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God..”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 – “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
- Galatians 2:16 – “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”
- Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
- Ephesians 1:18 – “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.”
- Colossians 1:27 – “To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- 2 Peter 1:10-11 – “Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
- 1 John 3:2 – “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”
Let us know which Bible verse of hope is the most prominent for you. Or which we should have included in the post.